Shehda А. V., Onisenko Т. S.
AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC INEQUALITY
Introduction: Global inequality arises under the influence of various interrelated
dynamic forces. The article deals with innovations as one of such forces.
Issues of influence of innovations on social and economic inequality in modern
society have been dwelt on. Aims and
objectives: The article researches the influence of innovative activity on
social and economic inequality. Results:
Such aspects of innovative activity as concentration of intellectual
property rights by large companies, growing differentiation in salaries and
employment in the process of introduction of new technologies, inaccessibility
of innovative products and services to the poor and socially disadvantaged and
orientation of innovative diffusion to the wealthy have been identified.
Generally, innovative activity relies on the mechanisms which, if not oriented
otherwise, lead to social and economic inequality. Inequality emerges in the
process of interrelation of new technologies and a human factor, and only
government control of innovative activity and development of social corporate
responsibility can smooth down its negative trends.
Key words: innovations, inequality, modern society, companies, differentiation.
1. Bazylevych V.D. Іntelektualna Vlasnist [Intellectual property]. Kyiv: Znannia Publ., 2008.
2. Varshavskiy A.Ye. Problemnyye innovatsii: riski I otvetstvennost (na
primere produktov pitaniya I vnutrennego potrebleniya) [Problematic innovation: the risks and
responsibilities (on example of food and domestic consumption)]. Moscow: TSEMI RAN Publ.,
2009. 113 p.
3. Geets V.M. Obshchestvo, gosudarstvo I
ekonomika: yedinstvo I protivorechiya [Society, state and economy: the unity and contradiction]. Moscow:
Institut Ekonomiki RAN. 2012, 66 p.
4. Galbraith J. Novoye industrialnoye
obshchestvo [The New Industrial State].
Progress, 1969. 450 p.
5. PROON. Doklad o razvitii cheloveka 2010 [UNDP. The Human Development Report of 2010], Available at: http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR10%20RU%20Summary_without%
6. OESR. Doklad tsentra issledovaniy
I innovatsiy v oblasti obrazovaniya [The OECD. Report of the Centre for
Research and Innovation in Education], Available at: vo.hse.ru / attachment.aspx? Id = 641
7. Shnypko O.S. Ekonomichna vlada v
systemі sotsіalnykh coordynat [Economic power in the system of social
coordinates]. Kyiv: PAT "VІPOL" Publ., 2012. 403 p.
8. World Economic Outlook Database, International Monetary Fund. Available at: http://www.imf.org/external/ns/cs.aspx?id=28
9. Rogers, Everett M. Diffusion
of innovations. New York: Free Press,
2003. 551 p. : Ill.
Information about the authors:
Shehda A. V. – Doctor of economic sciences, professor of
Enterprises Economy Department, Taras
Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine. firstname.lastname@example.org
Onisenko T. S. – Postgraduate, Enterprises Economy Department, Taras Shevchenko
of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine.