THREATS TO ECOLOGICAL AND ECONOMIC SECURITY OF COASTAL DESTINATIONS
Backgound: Dynamic development of tourism, growing dependence
of certain territories on tourism activities lead to the need for measures to
ensure security of these destinations as major centers of formation of the
tourist product. Aims and objectives: To develop the concept of
environmental threats and economic security of coastal destinations (ESCD) and
to classify the factors contributing to the emergence of threats on the example
of coastal destinations of the Crimea. Methods:
Morphological analysis, method of grouping and comparative analysis. Results:
On the basis of morphological analysis of the concept "threat" with
emphasis on the key words in the interpretation of the term the definition of
‘threat to environmental and economic security of the coastal destination’ has
been suggested. Factors that contribute to the emergence of threats to
environmental and economic security of coastal destinations of the Crimea have been determined. Conclusions:
Classification of the factors contributing to the emergence of threats to ESCD
of the Crimea with additional classification attribute "source " made
it possible to identify the socio-economic, resource, environmental,
logistical, regulatory, legal, demographic, and force majeure factors of
threats and to reveal their nature.
words: threat, destination,
ecological and economic security, Crimea.
Information about the authors:
Fokina N. A.
– Candidate of
Economic Sciences, associate professor, Management
Department, National academy of environmental protection
and resort development, Simferopol, Ukraine.
1. Ozhegov S.I. Slovar russkogo yazyka [Dictionary of
Rus. yaz., 1987. 797 p.
2. Danilov–Danilyan V.I. Ekonomiko-matematicheskiy entsiklopedicheskiy slovar [Economics and
Mathematics encyclopedia]. Moscow:
"INFRA-M", 2003. 688 p.
3. Arkhipov A.I., Bagudina E.G.,
Ekonomicheskiy slovar [Dictionary of
Prospect, 2010. 672 p.
4. Kochergina T. E. Ekonomicheskaya bezopasnost [Economic
Security]. Rostov-on-Don: Pheniks, 2007. 445 p.
5. Senchagov V.K. Voprosy ekonomiki, 1995, no. 1, pp.
6. Prohozhev A.A. Obshchaya teoriya
natsionalnoy bezopasnosti [The general theory of national security]. Moscow: Izd-vo RAGS, 2005.
7. Yachmeneva V.M. Іdentyfіkatsіia dіialnostі promyslovykh pіdpryiemstv [Identification of industrial activities]. Simferopol: DOLIA, 2007. 384 p.
8. Goncharenko L.P. Risk-menedzhment [Risk Management]. Moscow: KNORUS, 2006. 216